Rejuvenate Your Smile with Porcelain Veneers
posted: Jul. 17, 2019.
Hide cracked, chipped and discolored teeth for good with dental veneers.
Did you know that smiling provides a whole host of health benefits? In fact, smiling can reduce blood pressure, boost endorphins and your immune system and reduce stress. Of course, if you are embarrassed by your smile then you may not be able to enjoy all the wonderful benefits of smiling. This is where our Manassas, VA, cosmetic dentist Dr. Thao Bui-Nguyen can provide you with a simple cosmetic treatment that will get you smiling in no time.
Dental veneers are wafer-like shells that are made from a durable tooth-colored material such as porcelain that mimics the look of real tooth enamel. These shells are bonded to the front of multiple teeth in order to improve the overall shape, color and appearance of a patient’s smile. If you have a healthy smile that could benefit from some cosmetic enhancements then porcelain veneers could be the best option.
Porcelain veneers can easily cover:
- Discolorations and severe stains
- Chips and cracks
- Gaps between teeth
- Slightly crooked, misaligned, or crowded teeth
- Misshapen or malformed teeth
- Worn down teeth
Veneers can instantly make teeth appear longer, more even, radiant, and straight in just two visits. Getting veneers from our Manassas, VA, dentist is easy. Here are the steps involved:
- Consultation: Our dentist will examine your teeth and take x-rays to make sure that your teeth are free from decay and active gum disease, and to make sure that teeth are strong enough to support veneers.
- Tooth preparation: We will also need to remove some enamel from the front of your teeth to make room for these thin porcelain shells. This is painless and can often be done without numbing the area beforehand. Once teeth are prepped we will take impressions of your mouth.
- Veneer placement: Each veneer is created based on the measurements of your teeth. Therefore, it will take time for a dental lab to create your veneers. Temporary veneers may be placed in the meantime. During your next appointment, you will come in to make sure your new veneers fit perfectly before we bond them to your teeth. The bonding process is non-invasive and painless.
If you are ready to get a brand new smile in just a few weeks then the next step is to call our Manassas, VA, dental office to schedule a consultation with us. We want to give you something to smile about.